Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Need to do more clean living

Why is it good ole' Missouri weather strikes at the least appreciated time? Today I went to break the ice on the pond for the calves and set up the bubbler to ensure the water stays ice free for the up coming cold snap. While driving to the farm the thermometer in the truck was reading 45 degrees. I get to the farm and get on the tractor with a light jacket on and noticed the air was a bit chillier. The farther away from the warm truck, on the open air tractor ,I got cooler, cooler, colder and colder. I get the bubbler in and working, climb back on the tractor and put it in the shop. As I shiver and climb back in the truck and warm up I notice the thermometer now reads 36 degrees. I head to town to do errands and now am reading the thermometer and watch it climb back to 45. I guess all of the clean living I thought I had been doing had worn off and I was paid back with a little jab from mother nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment